According to the regulations that were introduced in 2009, all gas installations must have a Certificate of Conformity according to the Pressure Equipment Regulations that have been promulgated under the Occupation Health and Safety Act (No 85 of 1993).
Our services include:
- Domestic and Commercial gas installations of
- Built-in gas hobs
- Built-in gas ovens
- Freestanding gas stoves
- Gas geysers
- Gas fireplaces
- Gas braais
- In-cupboard installations
- Single or dual external cylinder installation
- Issuing of gas Certificates of Compliance (CoC)
- In terms of Regulation 17(3) of the Pressure Equipment Regulations (OHS ACT of 1993), a Gas Certificate of Compliance must be issued when there is a change of ownership. This came into effect on the 1st October 2009.
- The Gas Certificate of Compliance certifies that:
- There are no gas leaks
- Emergency shut off valves have been installed in the correct positions
- The gas piping, regulator and valves and gas appliance are in a safe working condition and not corroded.
- The installation is compliant in accordance with SANS10087-1
- Gas appliance repairs and servicing