According to the regulations introduced in 2009, all gas installations must have a Certificate of Conformity.
Pressure Equipment Regulations have been promulgated under the Occupation Health and Safety Act (No 85 of 1993).
- Domestic and Commercial gas installations of
- Issuing of gas Certificates of Compliance (CoC)
- In terms of Regulation 17(3) of the Pressure Equipment Regulations (OHS ACT of 1993).
- A Gas Certificate must be issued when there is a change of ownership
- This came into effect on the 1st October 2009.
- The Gas Certificate of Compliance certifies that;
- There are no gas leaks
- Emergency shut off valves have been installed in the correct positions
- The gas piping, regulator, valves and gas appliance are in a safe working condition and not corroded.
- The installation is compliant in accordance with SANS10087-1
- Gas appliance repairs and servicing